Suitable for: Senior QA Tester, Test Lead, QA Lead, Lead Automation Tester / Senior Automation Tester
Location: Nottingham (Preferred) / Bristol or Warrington
Salary: To £60k
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is looking for a Test Architect, who will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions to testing and quality assurance problems, making the best use of automation tools, techniques, and practices that enable QA analysts to focus on usability, ad-hoc and exploratory testing.
The Test Architect will be responsible for leading a small team of Software Developers in Test (SDETs) and Test Automation Engineers focussed on improving our approach to API, volume and performance, technical and automation testing across all products and modules. The team will also work with the Solution Assurance and Clinical Engagement teams to define and implement patient journey tests that span multiple products, thus providing end-to-end assurance.
- 5+ years experience as Test Architect, QA Lead, Automation Test Lead, Senior Automation Tester,
- Significant Software QA experience with excellent knowledge of current best practise in the industry. Minimum six year's commercial software testing experience
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software projects
- Experience in collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of software projects
- Sound understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies and concepts
- In-depth knowledge and experience of multiple open source and commercial tools for test automation, e.g., Selenium, Test Complete, Coded UI, Ranorex, Appium etc
- ISEB/ISTQB certification
You will identify and facilitate your team's growth in skills and capabilities and the wider test function to take advantage of new technologies and tools as they emerge. Technical skills aside, you will have a passion for testing and motivate and coach team members to deliver high levels of quality and effectiveness.
As Test Architect the responsibilities in the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Expand and experiment testing processes – finding new and efficient ways to improve software quality across the SDLC
- Identify testing tools and technologies to implement, aligning with those already used across the broader development function and in line with the team's skill set
- Support the QA/Test Manager in achieving their strategic goals for the Test Team by providing technical support to the Manager and the team
- Support the QA Manager in the development of an Automation strategy that is monitored and to help guide the teams into adhering to the policy
- Create test estimates and define/build reusable testing assets for large/complex projects
- Monitor the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC
- Take ownership for test infrastructure, including environments and software, liaising with teams such as DevOps and Support in areas such as CI/CR and IT budgets
- Provide technical know-how, documentation, and training to QA Analysts, SDETs, Developers and other business functions
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to ensure they are consulted and supported in the smooth delivery of production-ready solutions that meet the needs of the business
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.