Suitable for: Manual Tester / Test Analyst / Software Tester / Tester with approx 5 years hands-on testing experience
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (up to 3 days working from home)
Salary: Up to £40k - DOE
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Test Analyst to join the UK’s fastest growing supplier of software for Local Authority social care and education management services. They have grown rapidly in the last 10 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software for local authority social services departments as well as expanding into the Education market.
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Test Analyst to join one of their very successful and growing teams. The Test Analyst post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within.
Their applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
You will need at least 5+ years hands-on testing experience and an excellent understanding of the full software development lifecycle and all testing phases, plus experience in the following:
- Experience of software testing, at system and user levels
- Knowledge of creation and maintenance of test scripts and other product related documentation
- Experience of working within an Agile Development framework (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in the use of Test Management Software such as Test Rail
- Experience in the use of ALM Tools such as Jira
- Experience of definition and implementation of Test Data Requirements
- Proven experience of the ability to communicate with business and technical personnel
- Proven problem-solving skills and is adaptable/flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Testing accreditation/certification (ISTQB, ISEB)
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies, and best practices
- Provide feedback on progress throughout iterations and roadmap development cycles in accordance with implementations, roadmaps, and project specification timescales
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure software solutions meet specified quality and acceptance criteria
- Creation and execution of test scripts
- Clear logging of Issues in the defect management system, inclusive of repeatable replication steps
- Escalation of impacts and issues to relevant team members
- Creation and maintenance of Test Documentation
- Peer review team members work and provide feedback on suggested improvements
- Take Ownership of Test Data creation and maintenance
- Ensuring Test Sign off prior to release and the production of Release Notes
- Work effectively with all product team members to achieve the overall organisation goals
- Take personal responsibility for undertaking research and self-development which drives continuous improvement in the overall delivery of your job role
- Willingness to work to ISTQB (or equivalent) standards with a minimum of foundation level
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems. The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only. We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.