Suitable for: Technical Support Team Leader, Cloud Engineer Team Leader with hands-on experience of Powershell or similar scripting language
Location: Flexible (ideally within commutable distance to Nottingham OR Warrington OR Bristol OR Maidstone)
Salary: up to £37,000 p.a. + train towards Azure certification
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Due to the growth and expansion of the engineering teams, we are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Team Leader to provide leadership and mentoring to a team of Cloud Support Engineers. The Technical Support Team Leader is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be involved in the day-to-day work technical support activities.
Technical Support Team Leader essential skills/attributes:
- Understanding of core cloud technologies compute, virtual networks, storage, and database.
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- PowerShell scripting or similar
- Wintel Infrastructure
- Strong security awareness
- Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent the Company at customer locations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solving
- ITIL knowledge, principles, and application
- Team leading experience
- Leadership Experience
- Microsoft Certified
- Azure Technologies
The Technical Support Team Leader will work closely with the Cloud Engineers to ensure that new products and services are handed over from the development and operations teams in a controlled manner, complete with documentation, training, tooling, and automation. Responsibilities will then include proactively maintaining and monitoring production systems and suggesting and implementing improvements to the quality and efficiency of the organisation’s cloud-based products and services.
This role will suit a natural and methodical problem solver with an automation-first mindset. Scripting skills are necessary, along with a desire to learn modern technologies and platforms. Training will be provided in MS Azure technology, and you will work towards certification if not already held. The Technical Support Team Leader will have a workload covering (but not limited to):
- Performance manages support technicians including staff appraisals, objective setting and 1:1 review
- Ensure all staff have appropriate training and develop personal development plans to meet future requirements
- Drive the continuous improvement of service through Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Information Security and Knowledgebase practices
- Own the escalation of incidents (P1’s & P2’s) whilst expediting issues to the relevant teams
- Deployment, support, and ongoing maintenance of cloud product sets
- Ensuring systems and applications have sufficient and actionable monitoring
- Maintenance of existing automation configuration and tools, working closely with SRE team on new opportunities for automation and improvement.
- Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota (Paid as an Extra)
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.