Position: Technical Support Consultant – 24/7/365
Suitable for: Technical Support Analyst or Support Consultant or 3rd Line Support Analyst
Salary: Up to £35K depending on experience + 25% shift uplift
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is recruiting for a Technical Support Consultant to work within the Technical Services Team who are responsible for the design, installation and support for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management, application integration, and associated layered products to internal and external customers.
The Technical Support Consultant will work alongside specialists within the Team on a 24/7/365 rota, taking responsibility for all aspects of the teams work with emphasis on the Technical Support function, managing and supporting the hardware for the group of company’s solutions and applications.
The Technical Support Consultant will be provided with on-the-job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases, interfaces, and applications but should have previous experience of working in a mission critical environment using Windows Server OS, Enterprise storage & Hypervisor’s, Microsoft Azure, SQL Server & Backup Solutions.
Experience with Nutanix, Interface Engines or Linux/AIX would be advantageous but is not essential. Must be competent in Veeam and VMWare, know basic IT concepts such as DNS and DHCP.
Essential Experience / Attributes Required:
- 2 Years + experience of Service Desk Systems including
- Service Monitoring and Alerting
- Operating System administration - Windows Server 2012, 2016 or 2019
- VMware vSphere & vCenter configuration and administration (v6.5 above)
- Enterprise Storage administration
- Backup Administration (Veeam Preferred)
- Vendor patching (Software & Firmware)
- NLB Device Management & Configuration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to organize personal workload to meet agreed timescales and working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain key technical concepts to all levels of understanding
- Team Player
Any skills or experience in the below technologies would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Windows Failover Clustering Administration
- SQL Server Management including Always on Availability Groups
- MS Azure Management & Administration
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Veeam Backup & Availability Administration
- Linux/AIX systems administration experience
- Nutanix Administration including AHV
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems. The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only. We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent