Suitable for: Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Consultant, Service Desk Analyst, 2nd or 3rd Line Support Analyst
Location: Warrington or homebased
Salary: Up to £30k
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is looking for a Technical Support Analyst who will work alongside technical specialists within the Team on a Monday – Friday daytime rota (Covering 7AM – 7PM) providing first class technical support and services to internal and external users. The Technical Support Analyst is expected to provide support and guidance for other team members and act as an escalation point within the team when necessary.
The Technical Services team are responsible for the design, installation, and support for all hardware & software for their internal and external customers, including operating systems, databases, and Applications.
- Minimum of 1 years’ Experience as Technical Support Analyst, Service Desk Analyst or 2nd/3rd Line Support Analyst or similar with experience of:
o Service Desk Systems
o Service Monitoring and Alerting
o Backup Management & Configuration
o Operating System administration (Windows Server 2012, 2016 or 2019)
o VMware vSphere configuration and administration (v6.5 above)
o Enterprise Storage administration
o Vendor patching (Software & Firmware)
o NLB Device Management & Configuration
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Technical operations and troubleshooting
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Ability to explain key technical concepts to all levels of understanding
Desirable Skills Required:
- Nutanix Administration including AHV
- MS Azure (VM Management, NSG Rules, App Gateway, ASR, Monitor)
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Windows Failover Clustering Administration
- SQL Server Management including Always on Availability Groups
- Veeam Backup & Availability
- Ivanti Security Essentials (Patch Management)
- Tenable I/O
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications.
As Technical Support Analyst, the suitable candidate will be provided with on-the-job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases, interfaces, and applications but should have previous experience of working in a mission critical environment using enterprise level hardware and software.
The role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provision of Service Desk Support to Internal and External Customers and Systems for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems managed by the Team
- Management and Monitoring of all hardware and systems
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres
- Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Full Job description is available on request
To Apply: please follow the application process and upload your CV in word or PDF
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.