Suitable for: Technical Architect, Infrastructure Architect with experience in a senior infrastructure technical role
Location: Flexible (ideally commutable from Nottingham, Warrington, Bristol or Maidstone)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 p.a.
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
We are currently recruiting for a skilled Infrastructure Technical Architect for our client who is a leading software and services provider to the health and social care industry. The ideal Infrastructure Technical Architect will be an experienced and talented individual to work alongside the lead architect, this is a key role, and you will be influencing, designing, and directing the technical operations.
The Infrastructure Technical Architect should be able to demonstrate relevant experience as below;
- Experience in developing architectures collaboratively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Administration and/or development using Microsoft applications or services (either on-prem or cloud) in one or more of: Identity and Security, AD, DNS, DHCP, PKI, SQL or .NET framework, Azure
- Scripting and task automation using appropriate tooling i.e., PowerShell
- Thorough knowledge and experience of managing enterprise hardware and applications – for example, hypervisors, storage, monitoring & backup solutions
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- A thorough understanding of security best practices for design and implementation
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts
- Ability to operate across multiple pieces of work concurrently and assume the responsibility for the technical workstream
- Well-developed presentation Skills
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Relevant Vendor certifications.
The role of Infrastructure Technical Architect will be a mixture of project-initiated design & build, business-as-usual process improvement, and support. As well as design responsibility the role remains very much hands-on, with the architecture team leading on many new projects and ensuring success and handover to other teams for further repeat delivery.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting infrastructure technologies and solutions such as; compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software & cloud.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions, highlighting assumptions, unknowns, risks, costs etc
- End-to-end exploratory testing - suggesting and evaluating improvements (functional and/or performance-related)
- Reviewing currently deployed systems to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and opportunities for improvement.
- Initiating and monitoring actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems - You will determine the appropriate remedy and assist with the implementation of fixes.
- Maintain & Update Technical Documentation
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately, we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.