Suitable for: Solution Architect or Technical Architect with broad experience across cloud, data, devops and general software development solutions. This role is not suitable for infrastructure architects
Location: Hybrid Leeds / Homebased
Salary: £Negotiable on Experience + Tax Free EOT bonus + pension + career development + events
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client a leading digital transformation consultancy are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to work with their customers to understand strategy and requirements across their enterprise. The role requires you to understand, plan, design and support the deployment of large and complex, products and platforms. You’ll get to join an employee-owned business that takes its people seriously and where you will be truly valued.
To be successful in this role the Solution Architect will have the following experience / skills:
- Approx 5-10 years experience as a Solution Architect or Technical Architect
- Defining technical solutions including integration to new and legacy systems
- Experience of system to system integration
- Experience of standard informatics processes (e.g. ITIL), organisational structures and governance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in a non-technical language
- Experience working in a structured project management and delivery focused environment
- Hands-on experience in delivering a solution from inception through to implementation
- Strong background in client-facing roles with excellent stakeholder management
Desirable skills include:
- Technology background in .NET
- Client facing experience gained from a technical consultancy or software vendor
- Ability to represent organisations at local, regional and national architecture forums
- Architecture and system design experience for nationwide interoperability programmes
- Experience working directly with executive and director level management
- Previous background as a Software Developer or Systems Integrator
The Solution Architect role is focused on the design and management of software solutions and systems, however, knowledge of underlying operating systems, componentry (e.g. cloud services, LAN/WAN, end user devices) and infrastructure are helpful to the role. The role is ideal for people who want to make a difference, think big and help customers get the most out of digital technology.
- Understanding and steering the digital strategy of customers (working with CTOs, CIOs, other architects).
- Defining technical solutions, documenting and translating business requirements into solution designs, options appraisals, or in support of business cases.
- Liaising with technical and project teams on new and existing changes.
- Providing architecture/technical leadership and support for projects and programmes, ensure new application deployments align with the overall strategy.
- Ensuring quality and providing technical oversight or assurance of new and existing solutions, systems, and options.
- Managing risks and issues as they arise and escalating as required.
- Motivating and mentoring colleagues and teams to meet objectives.
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.