Position: Service Desk Team Leader
Suitable for: Service Desk Team Leader/ Service Desk Manager/ Helpdesk Team Leader or Manager
Location: Hybrid (Homebased / Milton Keynes)
Salary: £35k to £40k
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare IT market and are looking for an experienced customer focused Service Desk Team Leader / Service Desk Manager / Helpdesk Manager / Helpdesk Team Leader with good team leadership skills to help support the Snr Customer Service Manager in managing and developing the new team. This is a new role within an expanding team following their growth dramatically over the past 12 months.
- At Least 2 years’ experience in a Service Desk Team Leader / Service Desk Manager or Helpdesk Team Leader / Helpdesk Manager role and a proven track record of the supervision of staff
- High awareness of Customer Care - the Service Desk is a high-profile function and is the users' first point of contact
- Excellent inter-personal skills: diplomatic and able to inspire customer confidence
- Ability to determine correct workload priorities for the First Line Service Desk Team
- Ability to coach team members and provide necessary training to improve skill sets
- Evidence of customer service skills
As Service Desk Team Leader, this role will be responsible for the motivation and development of the call handling service and resolution within the Service Desk. Ensuring that all calls are responded to within the agreed timescales detailed in the customer SLA’s and that customer experience is of high quality.
This role will also need to motivate, encourage, and support the 1st and 2nd Line staff on a daily basis and help form part of a focused and customer driven Service Desk.
The role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Day to day co-ordination of the 1st and 2nd line Service Desk function
- Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team, adopting ITIL best practices where possible
- Provide self-help and user guides for the ICT Customers to help reduce unnecessary direct contact with the service desk
- Maintain individual Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for each member of the Service Desk team.
- The post holder may be required to take part in an out-of-hours system support rota (for which an additional allowance will be made).
- Undertake any other duties of a senior level and responsibility as may be required from time to time
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.