Suitable for: Service Designer with User Centred Design experience
Location: Homebased/Leeds + client site travel as projects requires
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
About the Role
As Service Designer, you will be a champion of User Centred Design, showing the value it brings to the delivery lifecycle. Working in close collaboration with their clients, you will plan and lead service design activities, producing exceptional service outcomes.
You will operate in complex environments, bringing together technical and business concepts concisely and effectively. Showing a deep understanding of the users needs and an appreciation of the business needs, you will provide balance between the two.
Taking the lead on projects you will guide other Service Designers on tasks and activities required to deliver high quality outputs that meet the strategic needs of our customers. You will have a deep understanding of agile implementation and aiding the definition of the MVP.
You will support and mentor other Service Designers, as well as being an active contributor to the academy, passing on knowledge and experience to drive them forward in their career.
Service design is a growing community in our clients business, and you will have an opportunity to shape its future. You will define job descriptions and partake in interviews to grow the service design community. Introducing best practices, refining playbooks and helping them to bring a strong service design proposition to the market.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience or more in a Service Designer or similar type role
- Practitioner of, and able to advise on the use of industry-standard service design skills and techniques within the business change and software development life-cycles, such as:
- Service Blueprints
- Client interviews
- User interviews
- User centred research
- System thinking
- Skilled in discovery phase activities, comfortable working with ambiguity with the ability to shape and clarify needs in order to agree scope and prioritise requirements
- Creates evidence and context based designs, that are fully inclusive
- Excellent interpersonal skills, articulate and engaging, able to communicate effectively and confidently with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to extract the key user needs from complex scenarios
- Can present ideas with clarity, tailored to your audience of business and technical stakeholders
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, ensuring value is understood and requirements and design decisions and recommendations are managed and align to this
- Has a natural inquisitiveness with the ability to question others, collaborate, shape and confirm ideas and solve problems creatively
- Can demonstrate experience of delivering projects through a range of software development methodologies, including GDS and Agile
- Experience in coaching other service designers in tools and techniques, as well as agile behaviours
- Experience in healthcare, financial services or retail beneficial
- Competitive salary, tax free bonus and holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions up to 5% when you contribute 5%
- Quarterly company events (includes social event)
- Regular tech catch ups/hack events
- Attend technology events together
- Christmas Party (partners are invited)
- Summer away day
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Green car lease scheme
- Online learning subscription
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.