Suitable for: Azure Developer / Senior Software Developer - cloud / Azure experience
Salary: To £55k
Our client is a successful software provider within the healthcare sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Senior Software Developer / Azure Developer with significant cloud / Azure experience to join their Agile Development Team based in Nottingham.
As part of the role of Senior Software Developer / Azure Developer, you will be required to mentor and coach junior team members and lead by example as a highly productive senior developer.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Software Developer, Azure Developer, Cloud Developer
- Significant cloud / Azure development experience with excellent software engineering skills
- Experience of formal software development methodologies
- web development stack, and the Vue.js framework in particular
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based development and deployment, with particular regard to Microsoft Azure, including technologies such as Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Logic Functions, Azure Search Index, Service Bus and Event Grid
- In-depth understanding of microservice architecture, and the creation and consumption of RESTful
- Ability to analyse a problem domain and devise appropriate solutions
- Ability to analyse existing cloud solutions and devise appropriate architectural strategies
- Ability to provide leadership to a small team
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles
- Good communication & collaboration skills
As a Senior Software Developer / Azure Developer, you will work in an Agile development team interpreting requirements, designing, developing and unit testing new software and amending or bug fixing existing modules contained within the company’s product set.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks -
- Provide technical leadership to your colleagues ensuring software is designed developed and unit tested according to good software engineering principles
- Work with Product Owner/Scrum Master to coach individual team members as required to drive up delivery capabilities
- Develop product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert from a development perspective for multiple areas of the product set
- With Product Owner/Scrum Master, collaborate with design and product management to define new and extended product functionality, assessing technical risks and dependencies
- Collaborate with Product Management and Solution Architect functions to produce high level estimates of development effort for planned development activities, and refine these estimates as additional detail becomes available
- Influence colleagues in Product Management on areas of potential product improvements
- Ensure code reviews and unit testing are completed, and that these are consistently following guidelines
- Triage assigned software defects. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables.
Full job description is available upon request.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you