Suitable for: Automation Tester / Automation Test Analyst / Software Developer in Test
Location: Homebased + travel to Milton Keynes / Canterbury Office
Salary: £40k - £45k
Our client is a successful software provider within the healthcare sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Software Developer in Test (SDET) / Automation Test Analyst / Automation Tester to join the integration team.
- Min 3 years’ experience as Software Developer in Test / SDET / Automation Test Analyst / Automation Tester or similar
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience creating automated tests Scripts using frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver and Java
- Experience in design, implementation and execution of load, performance, volume and scalability tests using industry standard tools
- Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and making recommendations for performance tuning
- Experience of using Continuous Integration Tools such as TeamCity/Azure DevOps
- Experience in testing REST APIs, .NET services, web services, SOAP, proxy services and open standards such as OpenAPI, XML, XSD, WSDL
- Hands on experience with InteliJ
- Good experience of working with build automation tools such as Maven
- Good SQL experience to interrogate databases as part of integration testing
- Ability to understand the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business
- Has a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Computing/IT related Bachelor’s Degree (desirable)
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable)
This is a new role, and the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing integration level tests and managing and owning the testing framework, working closely with the QA manager to get involved and aligned in their overall test strategy.
The role will include overseeing and leading on all aspects of software integration testing including automated and manual testing. They need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to their expansion plans. The successful candidate will need to be dynamic and be able to deliver to the highest standards of test approach and methodology and be able to manage multiple projects in parallel as well as business wide programmes in a fast-paced environment.
As Software Developer in Test (SDET) / Automation Test Analyst / Automation Tester, the role will be working within the client’s integration team and will be responsible for helping to develop and test new features in our integrated QA environment and development platform, with a focus on integration level testing.
The role will involve, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts and identify regression testing scope and coverage for integration tests
- Good understanding of testing platforms such as TestNG and automation tools such as Katalon studio and SOAP UI or help develop custom tools used for integration testing purposes
- A good understanding and experience of integration focused testing utilising some of the following technologies (or equivalent in AWS):
- Azure Data Factory or similar data integration service
- Azure Functions and Logic Apps
- API Management / API Gateway
- Event Grid / Managed event service
- Azure Data Lake / Azure Synapse Analytics / Azure Databricks
- Azure Redis Cache and Azure Storage
- Restful API Development / Azure API Management
- Azure AD and Azure B2B
- Messaging concepts at enterprise scale e.g. Service Bus, Event hubs
- Perform accurate manual Functional, Non-Functional, System Testing and Regression tests
- Document, investigate and log any errors during test execution and work closely with developers in resolving defects
- Involved in producing and writing test reports
- Contribute to continually improving test processes and techniques
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.