Suitable for: Scrum Master with thorough understanding of SAFe
Salary: To £45k
Our client is a successful software supplier within the healthcare sector creating products that change communication and improve efficiency within the sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Scrum Master.
As a Scrum Master, you will spend much of your time coordinating activities that assist the Agile team in meeting their delivery goals, removing impediments to sprint progress, and ensuring they follow the agreed agile processes in the delivery of working software to internal and external customers.
You will facilitate the team by arranging and leading daily stand-ups, sprint planning and backlog refinement sessions, end of sprint demonstrations and retrospectives. Moreover, you will drive, track and communicate the progress of PIs, sprints and releases through team updates and by representing the team at the scrum-of-scrums.
- Min 3-5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master training
- A thorough understanding of the SAFe/Scrum methodology supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of the methodology
- Strong decision making, organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment
As Scrum Master the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Help Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance and coaches the team in self-management. Helps the team resolve interpersonal conflicts and challenges and identify opportunities for growth
- Promotes SAFe quality practices – SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD)
- Coordinates with other teams – The Scrum Master supports the team’s efforts to continuously improve communications and relationships with other teams. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS), helping the team remain aware of opportunities to engage and improve program effectiveness
- Responsibilities to RTE – The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the release train
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events – Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt
- The role of Scrum Master will also include any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee
Acting as a “servant leader”, the Scrum Master provides services in several ways to three distinct functions listed below:
- Scrum Master Service to the Product Owner
- Scrum Master Service to the Scrum Development Team
- Scrum Master Service to the Organisation
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.