Suitable for: Project Manager, Project Implementation Manager, Project Implementation Consultant with healthcare software experience
Location: Homebased + client site travel (UK and abroad)
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 p.a. (DoE), plus car allowance
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client, a leader in health and social care software and services has an opening for an experienced Project Manager, who will be tasked with managing projects to support the organisation’s strategic direction. You will have prior experience in project management, particularly with implementing IT systems within an NHS environment.
Project Manager applicants should be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature outlook, credible, and comfortable in dealing with prospective and existing clients. Reliable, tolerant and determined. Well-presented and business like. You must also be sufficiently mobile and willing to travel on occasion including overnight stays.
Skills and Experience:
- Min 3+ years’ experience in a Project Manager, Project Implementation Manager, Project Implementation Consultant type role
- Must have worked either with or for the NHS
- In-depth knowledge of the NHS and Healthcare Information Systems
- Understanding of the operational procedures within one or more care settings e.g., Acute Secondary, Acute Mental Health, Primary Care etc., and departments within the NHS
- Understanding of the role of healthcare informatics in the delivery (and modernisation of) healthcare services
- Practical experience in the delivery of large-scale IT led business change projects, ideally in an NHS setting such as the replacement of a hospital or mental health systems
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment
- Experience of working in a consultancy role and/or communications with key stakeholders at board level in client organisations
- Any experience of pharmacy or electronic prescribing software or medicine management / administration systems
- Project Management methodologies – PRINCE2 an advantage
- Degree educated or equivalent (significant work experience may be accepted as a substitute for academic qualifications)
- Clinical background
The Project Manager role requires a willingness to take responsibility, drive to completion, and possess excellent presentation and communication skills. The ability to work to deadlines and within an agreed budget is vital:
- All aspects of planning and deploying complex healthcare IT systems and services at NHS Trust /Health Board level, including the management of the client and 3rd parties
- Ensuring buy-in to the plan from all parties, including client and 3rd parties
- Presenting & reporting to Project Boards and Senior Management
- Achieving milestone sign off; aspects of which may have dependencies upon the client and 3rd parties
- Identifying and managing project issues and risks and escalating appropriately.
- Ensuring the overall solution, including operational procedures and workarounds is ‘fit for purpose’
- Matrix management of team(s) (including client and 3rd party) to deploy the solution
- Providing demonstrations and workshops to the client to encourage team work between supplier and client
- Providing consultancy around Change Management aspects of the project
- Providing key stakeholders clear highlight reports to enable informed representation of the Company at project board-level meetings as and when required or directed
- Project Management of existing client upgrades for new system releases and deployment of new modules and services
- Identify and manage risks and issues
- Comfortable leading on I.T. conversations including, but not limited, to server set up/configuration, interfaces and business continuity solutions.
Location and Territory:
UK, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland and South Africa (current client base). Other Territories as they emerge. You will be required to travel to all Medicines Management client base locations and this could involve overnight stays.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.