Suitable for: Product Owner/ Product Specialist
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: To £40k
Our client is a successful software supplier within the healthcare sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Product Owner/ Product Specialist to join their growing core development team based in Milton Keynes.
This is an opportunity to work for a healthcare IT company within an Agile Development Team supporting the members of the Development and Product team to help the business and the development team to drive sprint planning to deliver maximum value into the product within the constraints of the team capacity and the Program Increment Objectives.
The successful candidate will collaborate with Product Management in helping to define overall product vision and establishing Program Increment Objectives for your areas of responsibility. You will attend meetings to provide updates and feedback to various stakeholders, be responsible for input to the development teams and provide representation of stakeholders internally for the team. You will be responsible for reviewing the output from the development team to ensure new features meet the desired requirements and demonstrate new capability through show and tell sessions. You will help maintain and update any cases and documentation for our product and help create or update technical specifications and / or release notes as and when required.
As Product Owner/ Product Specialist the following experience is essential:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with often conflicting priorities and requirements
- An interest in healthcare IT would be an advantage e.g. work experience or studies in this area
- Knowledge of Agile and SAFE Agile would be an advantage
- Knowledge of JIRA or other issue tracking software product would be an advantage
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
As Product Owner/ Product Specialist the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Developing product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert within the development organisation from a planning and priority perspective
- Collaborating with the Agile Team to ensure all work items on the backlog have suitable effort estimates
- Collaborating with Product Management to help define the forward-looking vision for the products and modules within your areas of responsibility
- Influencing colleagues in Product Management on areas of potential product improvements
- Managing timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise
- Contributing to the multi-functional project team in planning the scope and schedule for releases and defining the associated program increment objectives
Full job description is available upon request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.