Suitable for: Product Owner – ideally with data warehousing and Azure experience
Location: Home based with client travel
Duration: 8 months
Salary: Up to £450 pd
Our client is looking for a Product Owner to be part of a cross-functional Azure migration team, working closely with the development team through the full development lifecycle to achieve sign-off and handover, before moving onto the next module/application.
You would be working for one of the UKs leading health & social care software and services companies to assist with the migration path taking their existing applications into Azure as native services. You will be collaborate with product management in the definition of overall product vision and establishing program increment objectives for your areas of responsibility. The role is homebased working virtually with a geographically spread agile team, occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Owner
- Experience of data warehousing and associated Azure services would be a significant advantage.
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate, and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with often conflicting priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of Scrum and SAFE methodologies.
As the Product Owner you will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Develop product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert within the development organization from a planning and priority perspective.
- Manage the agile team level backlog to ensure a well-defined and prioritized pipeline of work items is available for each sprint planning sessions. This will include close collaboration with your scrum master and agile team members in regular backlog grooming/refinements sessions as well as collaboration with other stakeholders as required.
- Act as gatekeeper for accepting requirements onto the backlog from Product Management, Release Management and Agile Team.
- Work with scrum masters to drive sprint delivery and protect the agile team and the sprint from un-necessary changes and interruptions.
- Work with the agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility.
- Work with the agile team to achieve excellent levels of product qualities.
Full job description available
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you