Suitable for: Product Owner
Location: Nottingham (may involve occasional travel)
Duration: Maternity Cover (12 month FTC)
Salary: To £45k
Our client is a successful software supplier within the healthcare sector creating products that change communication and improve efficiency within the sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Product Owner. The role is office based co-located with the Agile Team but may involve occasional travel as required to meet the needs of the business.
The majority of their customers are NHS hospitals where their technology provides real time delivery of clinical information to care teams and then enables instant conversation, leading to faster treatment.
By taking the best of social networking principles, modern development practices and the latest technologies such as cloud computing, our client is changing how people think about software development in health.
They genuinely care about the products they make because they know that patients and healthcare professionals depend upon them. Quality is paramount; development is based around automated testing and nothing goes out of the door until they’re sure it’s ready.
- Min 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner or similar
- Healthcare domain experience with a thorough understanding of healthcare IT solutions and operational practises (Desirable)
- Demonstrate understanding of Scrum and SAFE Methodologies
- Experience of working with mixed on and offshore and/or outsourced development teams (highly preferable)
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with often conflicting priorities and requirements
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment
As Product Owner the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Developing product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert within the development organisation from a planning and priority perspective
- Collaborating with the Scrum Master and Agile Team to ensure all work items on the backlog have suitable effort estimates
- Collaborating with Product Management to help define the forward-looking vision for the products and modules within your areas of responsibility
- Influencing colleagues in Product Management on areas of potential product improvements
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility
- Managing timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise
- Contributing to the multi-functional project team in planning the scope and schedule for releases and defining the associated program increment objectives
Full job description is available upon request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.