Suitable for: Product SME, Product Consultant, Product Manager with NHS / healthcare or clinical background
Salary: Up to £70,000 p.a.
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Product Manager who will be responsible for one of their key products.
The Product Manager will maintain a deep understanding of the overall product, and its constituent components. The Product Manager will, working with colleagues across their business alliance, create, develop, communicate, and maintain their products vision. The Product Manager will lead on the relationship with the customer and commissioner, including reviewing and appraising change requests, suggesting improvements and efficiencies, and leading on the future direction for the product, given the broader context.
Whilst it is accepted that an individual’s education and experience will vary, the following is provided as guidance:
- Significant healthcare domain experience with a thorough understanding of healthcare IT solutions
- Experience of working with development teams
- Demonstrable understanding of Scrum and SAFE methodologies
- Experience and/or knowledge of JIRA / Kanban and Confluence systems
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills – must be self-motivated
- Ability to identify requirements and deliver solutions in an incremental manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with often conflicting priorities and requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience of definition and articulation of customer requirements
- Product and project management experience
- Significant experience of customer liaison, senior management and at user levels
- Considerable management and/or clinical experience in the healthcare industry
- Project management qualification or related experience
- Positive, adaptable, and proactive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work alone and as a strong team player.
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience
Product Design and Ownership
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the product, spanning its constituent parts, all processes, all outputs produced in BAU and in exceptional circumstances.
- Perform analyses, assessing product strengths and weaknesses relative to opportunities and threats to develop and maintain a product vision.
- Ensure on-going compliance with relevant specifications and guidance.
- Contribute to/own all other relevant product programme documentation, including (but not limited to) risks and issues logs.
- Own and maintain the enhancement portfolio and review content in conjunction with Product SME’s to ensure prioritisation, currency and removal of redundant requirements;
- Provides support to Product SMEs in the creation and development of supporting documentation.
- Support the Director in the relationship with the commissioner, responding to requirements and priorities. Communicate these internally to ensure shared understanding across the team.
- Represent the team at meetings with commissioner and other relevant external parties.
- Review and contributes to any relevant procurement opportunities, ensuring accuracy and completeness of responses.
- Involved in pricing, where appropriate and relevant.
Full job description available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.