Suitable for: Product Director or Senior Product Manager with a technical or clinical background and specific experience in the Child Health domain
Salary: To £75k + Car Allowance
Our client is looking for a Product Director with either a technical or Clinical background and experience in the Child Health domain who would lead the team which operates as a separate business unit within our clients portfolio. They are first and foremost a specialist Child Health solution but with extended use of functionality in parallel markets e.g. Immunisations.
The business is evolving rapidly and the successful candidate must have Child health domain knowledge and may have a Product Management, Project Management, Technical or Clinical background and preferably substantial insights across all four. They will have significant management experience of the management of software requirements and directing product development.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a Product Director, Senior Product Manager, Product Owner or similar type role
- Substantial business knowledge of the Child Health Providers service delivery and IT systems domain. Preferably with a working knowledge of systems application in Child Health Service settings, or clinical and operational systems more generally.
- A track record of Child Health Service operations or product development leadership. Experience of market analysis, product life cycle management, business case production and managing return on investment.
- Evidence of an innovative approach to product leadership, solution development and adoption.
- Able to demonstrate a significant level of technical understanding in respect of systems nomenclature e.g. architecture, integration and API’s, web, mobile technologies and devices.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. University degree/equivalent level of related experience and /or academic achievement.
To optimise the adoption of existing and planned capabilities of the in-house system in the delivery of the solution, creating and managing the ongoing development of the Child Health system, vision and roadmap. Lead on the planning and redevelopment of the Child Health solution functionality, including redeployment of the managed service from data centres to a cloud-based solution (Azure) and to oversee the development of an uplifted User Interface.
Where possible exploiting, capabilities developed for or as a consequence of the Child Health solution objectives to ensure optimal workflows and integration with national and local systems.
As Product Director, the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work within the bespoke in-house development cycle to ensure the earliest deployable minimum viable functionality to achieve delivery milestones and maximise return on investment. To look how the in-house development lifecycle can fit within the Lean Agile (Scaled Agile Framework) process framework used by other client product lines
- Own development and articulation of the strategic vision for the Child Health solution with particular attention to the Digital Child Health Strategy context
- Define and prioritise the requirement scope and development plan. Liaise with customers, clinical, deployment and development team stakeholders to create the product roadmap including integration options and benefits
- Ensure requirements and development meets Child Health Service Provider statutory and local business needs
- Ensure development scope includes all the necessary process and tools for deployment, support and post implementation “insights”, functional and non-functional
- Project Manage new deployments and ensure achievement of contracted deliverables to ensure customer deadlines are achieved and payment milestones realised
- Lead on the client solution reprovision to be delivered via Azure and the redesign of the User Interface
- Take overall responsibility for the team with direct line management responsibilities for the Development Manager and three Product Specialists. To act as senior customer representative and Project Manager for any new deployments.
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.