Suitable for: PMO, Project Support Officer, PSO
Location: Homebased / hybrid (one of the following offices: Bristol, Nottingham, Warrington, Maidstone, Stratford-Upon-Avon)
Salary: Up to £35,000 p.a.
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
We are currently recruiting for a PMO / Project Support Officer for our client who is a leading software and services provider to the health and social care industry. The ideal PMO / Project Support Officer will support the team in project delivery as well as supporting the Head of PMO in the delivery of PMO initiatives.
- Min 3 years’ experience in a PMO, Project Support Officer, PSO type role
- Solid background in PMO, project and programme management
- Project Management methodologies – PRINCE2 an advantage
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Experience of working in a consultancy role and/or communications with key stakeholders at board level in client organisations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and planning skills
- Self-starter with great determination and motivation to succeed
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good teamwork, person-management and motivational skills
- Able to work away from home and willingness to travel essential
- Degree educated or equivalent (significant work experience may be acceptable as a substitute for academic qualifications)
The purpose of the PMO / Project Support Officer is to support the Project and Programme Managers and their team in delivery including co-ordination, planning, control, reporting, analysis, and their insights. Your role will include but not be limited to;
- Maintaining effective project and programme governance and processes
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Providing support and guidance to programme/project managers
- Preparing, produce and present regular progress reports as directed by the Head of PMO
- Supporting risk and issue management, highlight reporting and project planning
- Responsible to the Head of PMO for keeping all project documentation up-to-date
- Building up a repository of standardised project templates/tools both technical and management to support the Project Managers
- Liaising with project team members and providing suggestions or solutions to unforeseen issues when needed
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines
- To be responsible to the Head of PMO for analysing interdependencies between projects and recommending actions to prioritise/revisit priorities to ensure delivery of best added value
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately, we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.