Suitable for: PHP Developer / Laravel Developer / Backend Developer with PHP / Laravel experience
Location: Homebased (UK ONLY)
Salary: £35k to £45k DOE + benefits
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is a rapidly expanding, award winning digital agency who is currently seeking an enthusiastic full-time PHP Developer / Laravel Developer to become part of a growing, young and ambitious team who are based in North Yorkshire
They work with organisations all over the world, from small one-man businesses to international conglomerates. You will be joining their current team of 50+ working in a friendly and informal environment, on both client projects and our own products. The ideal candidate will fit seamlessly into what is a very ambitious and growing agency.
You will be working on a wide range of projects from health and fitness through to shared economy platforms and will have the opportunity to grow and specialise and help others along the way.
No qualifications are essential to this position, but an ability to demonstrate your work is.
- Approx 3-5+ years’ experience as PHP Developer, Laravel Developer, Backend Developer or similar
- Must be proficient in OO PHP 7+ and Laravel 6+
- Experience in database design, writing SQL queries and optimisation techniques (MySQL in particular)
- Strong familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Knowledge and experience of unit and integration tesing
- Knowledge and experience of system design
- API design and development experience with focus on REST principles
- Ability and proven experience integrating with a variety of external third party services
- Ability to estimate technical effort required to design and implement new functionality
- Able to debug and fix complex issues
- Ability to work on large codebases with minimal documentation
- Experience using UNIX (desktop / server admin) but you can use any operating system you like for local development
- Commercial awareness. You understand that you’re spending other people’s money to solve business critical problems.
- Self-sufficiency: initiative, time management, multi-tasking
Desirable Skills Required:
As Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Laravel Developer the following skills required are desirable:
As a Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Laravel Developer, you will contribute to the whole software development lifecycle – from initial architecting through development of features and automated tests to the configuration of deployment pipelines and hosting environments. You will help others within the team and take an active part in ensuring the project’s success. You will primarily work with PHP an Laravel but will be able to expand your expertise in other technology areas such as Golang, AWS Lambda, Cloudflare Workers, Node.js to name a few.
Full Job description is available on request
- Flexible working
- 32 – 35 days Holiday entitlement
- Meaningful Compensation
- Support to grow your career
- Paid Voluntary day
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Provision
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.