Suitable for: Performance Test Analyst, SDET
Location: Homebased / Leeds (up to 3 days working from home)
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 p.a. (DoE)
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Non-functional Performance Test Analyst, with a strong background in performance testing, to join their growing team. The role will primarily focus on performance testing however it will also encompass a diverse range of activities which are generally of a highly complex and technical nature. It is well suited to candidates who are currently working in either a SDET or Performance Testing capacity.
The post of Performance Test Analyst offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within.
The successful candidate will join the team in further developing our client’s market leading case management and workflow software that is used in social care and education management services. They need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to their expansion plans.
Our clients’ applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care and education professionals and the general public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in low level verification and testing of solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
Our client is a successful and growing company and this post is part of a broader expansion of personnel.
Location - The role is based at the company’s headquarters in beautiful offices and gardens in a converted manor house in the rural outskirts of Leeds.
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of the performance test framework.
- Analyse and understand the performance requirements.
- Design and implement performance test scripts, ensure they provide the appropriate level of test
- Creation of test metrics and statistics for the solutions under test.
- Ensuring appropriate performance NFRs are set, monitored, and reported.
- Validate and test at a technical level, understanding database, browser, and network technology.
- Use QA tools to track and manage resolution.
- Fully endorse iterative development and have dependable delivery skills in a fast-moving environment focused on rapid iteration and regular product updates.
- Help shape the product directions by participation in product design reviews and provide input on
functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential issues.
- Understand and participate in the software development lifecycle and the release management processes.
- Keep up to date and review available performance test tools and their appropriate usage to ensure frameworks stay current.
- Automation and Performance Test Environment maintenance.
You will be an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated non-functional tester, with a desire to maintain the highest quality, performance and security standards. In additional you will possess these essential skills:
- Experience in developing bespoke performance frameworks, primarily in tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Strong coding experience to support the creation and maintenance of performance test frameworks.
- Non-Functional testing experience such as Soak, Load, Volumetric, Stress and Capacity.
- Exposure to, or willingness to develop, Test Automation Skills using Selenium/Java.
- Strong database knowledge and SQL skills- preferably SQL Server.
- Good understanding of database transactional behaviour.
- Sound understanding of network communication and protocols: e.g. HTTP, TLS, SOAP.
- Ability to recognise, analyse and solve issues.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a flexible team player approach.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The following skills are also advantageous:
- Knowledge of server side and front-end performance measurement, metrics, strong analytic skills and experience with performance and stress testing.
- SSIS / SSRS skills.
- ISEB/ISTQB related qualification advantageous.
- Experience of testing/developing in an Agile development environment.
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems. The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.