Suitable for: Junior Software Tester, Junior Manual Tester
Location: Homebased (within 1 hour commute of Oxford)
Salary: to £25k + bens
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client, a growing cyber security company, who are successfully delivering 24/7 cyber defence to both the public and private sector are looking for a Junior Software Tester to join their team. They provide a challenging and rewarding environment where you will develop and learn while playing an integral part in helping the company to do the same. The Junior Software Tester will be working as part of the software development team and having an impact on the whole business.
The Junior Software Tester should demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Approx 1-2 years commercial manual testing experience
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of systems development life cycles
- Excellent writing, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to manage own workload in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in improving user experience
The following skills and experience would also be beneficial but are not essential.
- Knowledge/experience of manual testing for integration, regression, system, end to end and
- UAT testing phases
- Knowledge/experience in working in an Agile development environment
- Automation testing experience or Python coding skills
- Knowledge/experience of any defect tracking and management tool
As a Junior Software Tester you will be responsible for
- Defining and executing test plans to assure the quality of the product and the company adherence to accessibility guidelines.
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to improve or establish quality processes.
- You will work on functional and non-functional testing (including performance and security).
- You will contribute to the definition of acceptance criteria and assist in the investigation and tracking of software faults.
- You will be able to add to a suite of automated tests.
- Training will be given where necessary.
- Some travel, including international, may be required.
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.