Position: IT Installations Engineer
Suitable for: Infrastructure Implementation Engineer, Infrastructure Implementation Specialist, Technical Installations Engineer Infrastructure Project Manager or Infrastructure Projects Engineer with experiene of Windows Server, Virtualisation Technologies, Storage and Networking.
Location: Homebased + flexible to work from any of the following offices occassionally (Warrington, Stratford, Nottingham, Maidstone, Bristol). Some occasional Data Centre visits (Manchester)
Salary: Up to £36k
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
We are recruiting on behalf of our client who is looking for an IT Installations Engineer to join their Technical Operations Team. The Technical Operations Team are responsible for the design, installation, and support for all hardware & software to internal and external customers of our client, this includes Operating Systems, Databases and Applications.
As an IT Installations Engineer, you will help deliver internal and customer projects and will need to have a thorough understanding of MS Windows infrastructure and Application Deployment.
Although much of the work will be carried out remotely there will be occasions when you will need to attend one of the clients’ offices and or customer sites or one of the datacentres - this will include occasional out of hours (paid) work.
The IT Installations Engineer will be provided with on-the-job & industry training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases/applications - however you should have previous experience and knowledge of Windows Server, Virtualisation Technologies, Storage and Networking.
Skills & Experience:-
Candidates should have experience in many of the following areas:-
- A minimum of 3 years in a technical role ie IT Installations Engineer, Infrastructure Implementation Engineer, Infrastructure Implementation Specialist, Technical Installations Engineer, Infrastructure Project Manager or Infrastructure projects Engineer
- Installation / Administration of Windows operating systems
- Administration of Microsoft applications & services for example AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, Certificates
- Experience administering & deploying Virtualised Technologies in an Enterprise environment including storage & backup
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Server hardware
- Anti-Virus technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and written skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel at all levels both internally and at Customer locations
- Ability to organise personal workload to meet agreed timescales and working under pressure
- Well-developed presentation Skills
- Team player
Any experience in following would be advantageous but is not essential:
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Scripting and task automation using appropriate tooling i.e., PowerShell
- An understanding of NLB device management and configuration
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Change Management processes
- Relevant Vendor certifications
Full job description available
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only. We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.