Suitable for: Service Desk Team Leader / Application Support Team Leader / IT Customer Support Manager with experience of software / application support
Location: Maidstone (remote initially)
Salary: up to £35,000
Our client is a successful software provider within the healthcare sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Customer Service Lead / Service Desk Team Leader / IT Customer Support Manager to provide critical application support to clinicians and medical staff.
This role requires an extremely visible and sensitive approach together with excellent relationship building skills. It is not a traditional Technical Support role requiring a list of technical skills. Rather, it is someone who has worked in a fast paced technical / application support environment with strong interpersonal skills.
As Customer Service Lead / Service Desk Team Leader / IT Customer Support Manager you must possess superior relationship management skills, a proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, whilst having the personal drive to take the current service offering from good to great.
The role will be responsible for both supporting the product, as well as line management of the service team.
As Customer Service Lead / Service Desk Team Leader / IT Customer Support Manager the following skills are essential for the role -
- Previous experience of managing an application support or technical support service desk in the capacity of Service Desk Team Leader or IT Customer Support Manager role or similar
- Ability to focus on the big picture whilst not losing sight of the detail
- Successfully building and nurturing relationships with senior customer stakeholders
- Track record of delivering against targets in a time-sensitive and pressured environment
- Team leadership skills including team building and coaching of individual staff members
- Experience managing effectively whilst working remotely (self and others)
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Writing product/service documentation and knowledge-based articles
- MS Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio)
- Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in some capacity with the NHS
- Working within a software development company
- Managing non-technical product focussed support teams
- Agile software development
As Customer Service Lead / Service Desk Team Leader / IT Customer Support Manager you will be in constant direct contact with senior-level customers and will be responsible for leading the team in terms of the prioritisation of issues ensuring customers’ needs are met from a support and SLA perspective.
The role will be responsible for both supporting the product, as well as line management of the service team. Within the wider support function there are 2 other teams who support different product areas. As such, each of the area Leaders are expected to work closely to ensure they operate to a set of standard processes and apply a consistent approach to supporting the client’s customer base.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks -
- Assume ultimate responsibility and ownership for customer’s platform issues through to resolution
- Constant focus on improving the end customer experience (both new and existing)
- Proactively build strong working relationships with senior customer stakeholders
- Lead by example when promoting enhanced levels of attention to detail across the support team
- Oversee the investigation of incidents related to the product
- Ensure customer facing material enables effective product use and keep up to date with solution changes internally to feed these through to the end customer
- Review and improve processes that drive the Customer Service function within the specific product area to enable effective and accurate working at all times
- Provide hands-on assistance to support advisors where necessary to ensure incidents are resolved in a satisfactory manner
- Use initiative to process and prioritise faults according to incident type and in line with SLA
- Escalate any issues in advance of an SLA breach whilst retaining ownership
- Provide line management of the team, including completion of appraisals and personal development plans to optimise skills and knowledge
- Support the allocation of staff to activities based on knowledge, skill set and staff availability
- Author knowledge-based articles for both internal staff and customers
- Provide Month End SLA Reporting in addition to any other incident management related reporting as required to effectively manage the issues and the team
- Ensure ITIL process is followed for all incidents
- As appropriate, participate in providing out of hours on call support
Full job description is available upon request.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you