Suitable for: Data Engineer, ETL Developer or Software Engineer with experience of C#, Python or Java and ETL
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £45k + bonus
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is a highly successful digital transformation consultancy headquartered in Leeds. They are a company on a fast growth trajectory with a growing reputation of delivering large-scale, operational critical solutions. Significantly, they are Employee Owned with a values-led culture and looking for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer / ETL Developer.
Ideally, you will have worked within a people focussed, fast paced and dynamic organisation and have experience of working with stakeholders at all levels.
The Data Engineer / ETL Developer role is ideal for a someone who wants to make a difference within a fast-growing Employee-Owned company. Further training and career development opportunities are provided
The Data Engineer / ETL Developer role requires you to draw on both development and data engineering skills to help clients turn their data into information, provide invaluable insight and create data driven solutions. This is an ideal role for anyone looking to grow their skills in data engineering, gain experience in Big Data frameworks and tools all whilst helping our customers unlock their data and solve big challenges.
- Understanding client datasets and requirements
- Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process and pipelines
- Implementing dashboards and reporting, including monitoring performance and identifying areas for improvements
- Defining and implementing data retention policies
- Background in C#, Java, Python or other widely used programming language
- NoSQL database solutions & paradigms such as Elastic and/or MongoDB
- Data pipeline development e.g ETL
As a Data Engineer / ETL Developer, you will have hands on experience and be proficient in processing, analysing and moving data using some of principles, patterns and tools listed below:
- Understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience & knowledge of Big Data tools & frameworks
As a Data Engineer you will be able to visualise data from a range of sources to help our customers turn data into information, gain better insights, and get value from their data using tools including
AWS or Azure certification would be a bonus
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.