Suitable for: Cloud Developer, Lead Developer, Senior Developer, Software Engineer or C# Developer with Azure experience
Salary: Up to £55,000 p.a.
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Cloud Developer with C# and Azure Cloud experience for our client who is a leading software and services provider to the health and social care industry. As Cloud Developer, you will be the technical authority for your module(s) by guiding and steering your team in delivering relevant technical solutions based on good software engineering principles, best practices and your knowledge and experience.
- Min 3-5 years’ experience as Lead Developer, Senior Developer, Cloud Developer, Software Engineer or C# Developer with Azure Cloud experience
- Significant development experience with excellent software engineering skills and specialist knowledge in several technical areas.
- In-depth understanding of microservice architecture, and the creation and consumption of RESTful APIs.
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based development and deployment, with particular regard to Microsoft Azure, including technologies such as Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Logic Functions, Azure Search Index, Service Bus and Event Grid.
- Strong experience with cloud technologies ideally (Microsoft Azure including, SQL Azure, App
- Services, Service Bus, Azure Functions, Azure Storage)
- C# .Net development
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Ability to provide leadership to a small team, giving appropriate technical guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Experience of formal software development methodologies.
- Sound understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for leading activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
- Domain or Product expertise in multiple key areas associated with the role is strongly preferred. As a minimum requirement, demonstrable ability to rapidly develop this level of expertise from previous roles is a must.
- Experience in developing and delivering a large-scale project organised around a cloud-based architecture
- Ability to analyse cloud solutions and devise appropriate architectural strategies
- BSc or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
As Cloud Developer you will lead by example and challenge your team to do better by motivating them to deliver high quality code that is bug free, effective, robust and performant. The responsibilities of the role are varied and not limited to;
- Providing technical leadership to your colleagues ensuring software is designed developed and unit tested according to good software engineering principles.
- Developing product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert from a development perspective for multiple areas of the product set.
- Collaborate with Product Owner/Scrum Master, on design and product management to define new and extended product functionality, assessing technical risks and dependencies.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Solution Architect functions to produce high level estimates of development effort for planned development activities and refine these estimates as additional detail becomes available.
- Ensure the architectural integrity of the system is maintained in-line with the Company’s architecture and UX standards.
- Coach individual team members as required to drive up delivery capabilities.
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within your team.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.