Suitable for: Either a C++ Developer / C++ Software Engineer / .Net Developer interested in cross training to Java
Location: Leeds & Homeworking - Hybrid working, up to 3 days working from home with 2 days in Leeds office (LS25), West Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 DOE + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a C++ Developer or .Net Developer to join the UK’s market leading supplier of software for local authority social care, children’s and education management services.
Due to continued growth and success, our client is currently seeking a talented and skilled experienced Developers and Senior Developers to join their team near Leeds. Their products help protect vulnerable people and have been credited with saving lives.
This is a unique opportunity for either a C++ Developer or .Net Developer to put your skills into practice and to make a real difference in building exciting new solutions as well as enhancing our existing market leading applications.
Working in a friendly, collaborative workplace, the C++ Developer or .Net Developer will undergo specific training in Java development to become a fully fledged Java Developer.
The role will be varied and you will be encouraged to contribute ideas and help shape the software and processes going into the future.
There is the option to work up to 3 days a week from home, as well as being based in their beautiful accessible office near Leeds.
- Min 3 years’ experience as C++ Developer or C++ Software Engineer or .Net Developer
- Good database and SQL experience advantageous but not essential PLUS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Web Services experience - SOAP / REST
- UI / UX Responsive design
- Analysis and design techniques
- Secure coding techniques
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of developing commercial software (ie working for software house / vendor)
As a key member of one of their small, talented agile teams, you will have a passion for development and a strong track record in developing and delivering software solutions. You will have a commitment to quality as well as a flexible attitude and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Passion for programming
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to quality
- Flexible and creative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Excellent understanding of web-based design and development
- Strong track record in developing and delivering software solutions
- A flexible and creative attitude
They are an accredited ‘Best Company’ and genuinely care about employees, paying excellent salaries and offering a full range of benefits that include:
- Private Healthcare
- Employer contributed pension
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Generous bonus scheme
- Gym, mobile & insurance discounts
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (Sponsorship will be considered only in exceptional circumstances, but you must meet a set criteria). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you