Position: Bid Manager
Suitable for: Bid Writer / Submissions Manager / Bid Manager with approx. 5 years bid management experience.
Salary: To £60k
Our client is a successful software supplier within the healthcare sector creating products that change communication and improve efficiency within the sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Bid Manager and Bid Writer
The Bid Manager works as part of the Bid Management Team, to assist with business development and marketing activities. The team provides a dedicated and professional knowledge base, with management experience. The Bid Manager will possess well-honed presentation and communication skills, in addition to subject matter expertise
The Bid Manager is a senior role requiring a person with experience, credibility, persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Solid career background in the NHS or private healthcare, with a thorough understanding of the operational workflows and procedures within the different departments
- Five years’ bid management experience
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself and others
- Ability to cope under pressure; a successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (listening and articulation)
- Ability to influence, organise, and plan, with excellent project management skills
- Personable and enthusiastic with good attention to detail
- Preparation and evaluation of tender responses
- Knowledge of the NHS current market client bases and bid writing of acute Electronic Patient Records (EPR) and/or other NHS clinical departments
- Sales Experience
- Commercial, legal and financial skills
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and proposal automation software
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for relevant professional qualifications
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) qualifications
Acting as the main point of contact for the procuring authority and internally
- Project managing the bid through its various stages, ensuring that the appropriate inputs are received, reviewed, and submitted, and that all activities are completed according to the company’s standards and in line with the bid management methodology
- Ensuring that the appropriate bid control documentation is completed, uploaded, and recorded on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution
- Leading bid kick-off meetings and organise all subsequent meetings, calls, demonstrations, sit visits, etc.
- Working with the Bid Support Team and Sales Lead to develop a proposal structure; identifying, and articulating key win themes
- Managing expectations of Sales personnel over the feasibility and credibility of delivering desired tender content
- Ensuring that written tender responses are completed, produced and submitted at all stages of procurement
- Providing management of all bid documentation and ensuring shared document repository is always up to date
- Tracking risks, issues and lessons learnt to improve win rate
- Providing company and product/service information
- Providing bid copy as ‘final copy’ as well as ‘pre-population’ intended for Subject Matter Experts to amend
- Ensuring that all new proposal content is recorded in the company’s knowledge base/proposal automation tool for potential re-use
Full Job description is available on request.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.