Suitable for: Azure Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Cloud Engineer with experience of Azure, Python and SQL
Location: Homebased/Milton Keynes
Salary: £40k to £45k
Please note that unfortunately, our client is unable to offer sponsorship
Our client is seeking an Azure Data Engineer with advanced Python and SQL experience as part of a growing Health Analytics Team. Working within the Data Science and Research team, the person will be responsible for creating health analytics software using the Microsoft Azure cloud toolkit.
The Health Analytics team are supporting a wide range of regional and national projects to improve the health of the population. The current worldwide COVID-19 crisis has proved that utilising timely data and insight can help save lives. The team has been in the thick of things developing analytics solutions to help manage the crisis.
- Min 1-2 years’ experience as Azure Data Engineer, Azure Cloud Engineer, Data Scientist or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Python and SQL
- ETL development using Azure Data Factory
- Hands on practical experience of using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of architectural design of data pipeline
- Experience of using Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Devops
- Healthcare domain experience
- Experience of working with customers to apply Data Science as a solution to a problem
- Completion of a Health Data Science project from concept to live use
- Experience of managing the relationship with an academic partner
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
The Azure Data Engineer will work closely with other teams within the company to integrate Data Science as decision support for clinicians and patients. They are seeking individuals with the enthusiasm and aptitude to providing solutions to complex problems. This includes the identification of new technologies that they can utilise coupled with the ability to quickly gain new skills to support rapid implementation.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Creation of Health Analytics software using the Microsoft Azure cloud toolkit
- Designing, Developing and Deploying data pipelines
- Maintenance of ETL processes using Azure Data Factory
- Programming in Python and using SQL to query databases
- Collaborating with Data Scientists to apply models in the software
- Collaborating with leading academic institutions
Full Job description is available on request
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.