Suitable for: Application Support Analyst or Service Desk Analyst with good SQL Server and SQL query experience.
Location: Homebased / flexible (as long as open to travel to Warrington at least once a month for team meetings)
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: To £30,000
Our client is a successful software provider within the healthcare sector. They have an immediate requirement for an Application Support Analyst or Service Desk Analyst with strong SQL experience to join their data, reporting and analytics team
The role will include the triage and investigation of customer raised incidents with some additional responsibility for managing and assisting with technical deployments and upgrades and within the support function.
The role would be ideally suited to someone with an NHS Informatics background who understands the statutory, management and clinical reporting needs of the NHS.
- Min 1 year experience as Application Support Analyst or Service Desk Analyst or similar
- Working in a service desk environment
- Working with remote desktop software
- Microsoft SQL Server, including writing SQL database queries and understanding and following through complex SQL to establish the root cause of issues
- Technical operations and technical troubleshooting
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge-base articles
- MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio)
- An understanding of SLAs and their importance
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself and others
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills
As Application Support Analyst or Service Desk Analyst, the following skills are desirable but not essential:
- NHS Informatics experience (ie EPR software or)
- Advanced Microsoft SQL server including stored procedure, schemas and functions
- HL7 Interface messaging
- Agile software development
- JIRA and Confluence
- Software testing
- Cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft Azure
The Application Support Analyst will be in direct contact with customers on a regular basis and will be responsible for ensuring customers issues are investigated, updated and managed within SLA. The remit of this role will include working across teams consisting of developers, product managers, technical support and software engineers.
The role will involve, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Managing the support of customer issues
- Investigate incidents related to the products
- Use initiative to process and prioritise faults according to incident type and in line with SLA
- Correctly assign calls to resolver groups or individuals
- Author knowledge-based articles for both internal staff and customers
- Be involved in the regular running of data fixes
- As required apply environment configuration or localisation settings
- Ensure technical documentation is up to date
- Ensure ITIL process is followed for all incidents
- Ensure all time spent is accurately logged on the Service Desk system
- Attend meetings as required, these may be in other company offices
Full job description is available upon request.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you